Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Just a Dent in Early Childhood Resources

Early Childhood is deeper then we know. There is so many resources to further my knowledge in many different aspects of Early Childhood. I don't think in my lifetime I could learn everything about it. Actually I know I won't because there are discoveries and new research daily! BUT I can certainly know much more than I know now.



Part 1: Position Statements and Influential Practices


Part 2: Global Support for Children's Rights and Well-Being


 

Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations


Part 4: Selected Professional Journals Available in the Walden Library

Tip: Use the A-to-Z e-journal list to search for specific journal titles. (Go to "How Do I...?", select "Tips for Specific Formats and Resources," and then "e-journals" to find this search interface.)

  • YC Young Children
  • Childhood
  • Journal of Child & Family Studies
  • Child Study Journal
  • Multicultural Education
  • Early Childhood Education Journal
  • Journal of Early Childhood Research
  • International Journal of Early Childhood
  • Early Childhood Research Quarterly
  • Developmental Psychology
  • Social Studies
  • Maternal & Child Health Journal
  • International Journal of Early Years Education.



1 comment:

  1. I love the resources that you used, especially the Montesorri books. In undergrad I took a class about Montessorri, and I found it very interesting. My favorite aspect is that teachers in the Montessori classroom are “guides” that are there to facilitate the learning experience, rather than determine what it will look like. Allowing the children to self discipline is an important factor in development.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete