Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Heart and Intuitiveness


Children have such heart and are so intuitive. I have had so many experiences that prove this true. As a preschool teacher in Germany 15 years ago, I was going through a rough time. My mom had just passed and I was coping. I tend to throw myself into my work keep busy and my mind off things when I am going through hard times. The children in my class when I returned seemed to be extra loving and caring. As the day passed my co-teacher, a very insensitive person said something to me that rubbed me wrong and I was thrown off balance and was having to concentrate to control emotional. The students were outside as I was cleaning up the art table. I was trying to gather myself, and thought I was doing ok, but the teachers outside sent little Ashley in to go potty. Ashley walked over to me and patted my leg.
Ashley: “What’s wrong Ms. Jocelyn?"

Me: “Oh nothing”, I told her.

Ashley: “Why are you sad? “

Me: “oh my heart just hurts “

Ashley gave me a squeeze and told me she loved me, the tears started to fall, but I quickly got my composure. Ashley stayed close to me the rest of the day. What a heart that little 4 year old had. Since then I have taken the time to observe children and their intuitiveness.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment